About this blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

Quick! Make it in 30 Min or Less!

Because time is of the essence!

I don't have any new recipes this week.  I cooked on Tuesday, but it didn't turn out at all how I had hoped.  In fact, it was pretty bland and boring.  How disappointing!  And since it seems like I just posted a screw-up recipe, I decided to hide my shame and instead, post a collection of recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.  Because it's my blog and I can do what I want.

Doesn't it seem like we're always in a hurry?  In my life, my schedule revolves around going to school, going to work, doing homework, eating (sometimes), sleeping (very little), spending time with The Man, and then somehow, inexplicably, losing several hours a day playing around on the Internet.  [I can't even imagine how this whole "life" thing works for those of you with children!  So many more responsibilities!!!]  Then you have to factor in things like grocery shopping and cooking, and it's amazing we can ever get it all accomplished!

I am very guilty of turning to cans of soup or frozen dinners when I'm out of time (and food) to cook.  But that's not my favorite thing to do.  I have plenty of recipes in my repertoire that take 30 minutes or less to prepare, make more food than the one serving I would get out of a prepared meal, and are healthier and tastier than what I would buy otherwise!  Taste of Home  is hosting a contest for recipes that take 10, 20, or 30 minutes to prepare, so that got me thinking: As I go through the recipes on this blog that I will submit to the contest, why not put together a handy little list as a reference for you fine folks?  I'm just so thoughtful like that.


[As a side note, the majority of my recipes are 30 min or less; however, the contest rules limit the ingredient list to 12 items or less.  So I'm posting those recipes that follow those guidelines.]




Gluten-free Popeye Pasta





Italian Arborio Rice and White Bean Soup

Vegan Goulash




Cheddar-Jalapeno Black Bean Burgers


Vegan Sloppy Joes

Fajita-style Veggies

Balsamic-soaked Apples with Arugula

Pumpkin and Cauliflower Curry

So anyhow, this is a good start.  30 minutes is all it takes, folks.  Use the time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment